Monday, January 1, 2018

Coffee Love

When I was 16, I had my first iced blended mocha from It's A Grind with some high school friends. I'll never forget how much I loved those. And then when I was 18, I started working at a coffee shop called The Daily Grind.  After a couple years of working there I became a store manager which was challenging as a college student trying to juggle both working and school, but seriously, I experienced so many life long gifts working there. One of those gifts, was my love for coffee! It actually made me a really picky coffee drinker which is a good thing. The owners of The Daily Grind were particular about small batch roasting and it paid off.  They served fresh, quality coffee.  As managers, we had the privilege of watching this process, done by our distributer Caffe Calabria, located in San Diego. Back then, working those early mornings, I was an espresso drinker. I remember how much I treasured my drink every morning, running around serving customers and working with such special people.  But once I stopped working there, I began drinking regular coffee, and saved espresso drinks for special occasions. And now, I can't even drink full espresso or  coffee, I always do at least 1/2 decaf because I can't handle the caffeine.  Nevertheless, I still LOVE coffee. There are a couple of coffee shops that have become my favorite coffee date destinations. Not only do they serve delicious coffee, but I was inspired as soon as I walked in!

This one my cousin told me about a couple of years ago. Its become super popular and if you visit, you will see why. Its in downtown SLO, so if your are in the area, check it out! They set the bar high!

Scout Coffee Co.
1130 Garden Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

http://scoutcoffeeco.com

This is a pic of their Honey Tea Bowl (to go). I have also had their espresso drinks and tried their HoneyCo Coffee Roasters Coffee Beans. Yum!



The next place opened a few months ago and is located in Bixby Knolls in Long Beach.  This is a new favorite!

The Merchant
4121 Long Beach Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90807

https://www.themerchantlb.com



Coffee date at the Merchant LB. Pics of our espresso drinks: Cappuccino and Latte.



And if you are ever in Mammoth Lakes, we really liked this place:
(Unfortunately I don't have a pic because we were on our way out.)

Black Velvet Coffee
3343 Main Street, Set. F
Mammoth Lakes, CA

http://www.blackvelvetcoffee.com


I'm still looking for more amazing spots and I'll post them as I find them. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment