Friday, January 5, 2018

The Best Family Friendly Furniture


I tell my husband all of the time, how thankful I am for certain pieces of furniture in our home. Before having kids, I had no idea how long we would be keeping our furniture, nor did I know the importance of durability! These are a few of my favorites:


The EKTORP sectional from IKEA. I have this beige cover shown, as well as a white cover.  I get comments all the time about how amazing it is that I have a white couch. We have had our couch for 10 years! Such a great decision. I wash and dry my covers in my washer and dryer. It takes several hours to remove, wash and dry the cover and cushion covers, but it is so worth it! I have had my white cover for 8 years and it is still in great shape!  Such a great buy...especially for new parents! Here is a link:http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99129136/
Next, the IKEA Lohals Rug. This rug has outlasted every other rug in our home. We have had our current rug since 2013. Looking at it, you would never know all that it has been through! Very durable and I love the look. Another great purchase! Here is a link: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50277393/

And my last piece is going to be my entertainment center...aka our vintage buffet. I paid $25 for this beauty in 2011 and it has been such a gift! It is made of solid wood, so it is easy to paint. I love changing things around the house so I love being able to easily change the color. Its great for storage and it is extremely durable.  Great buy! (This pic is when I first painted it black with crystal knobs. It is now an antique white with gold nobs.)





These things have been put to the test day in and day out. Spilled on, jumped on, barfed on (sorry gross but true)...and you would never know it. Kids always help us set our priorities straight, thankfully! In these pieces, style met practicality, otherwise these would have been long gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment