Saturday, December 30, 2017

Cars 3 Birthday Party

This year one of my little guy's asked to have a Cars 3 birthday party. His birthday is in September so we typically have pool parties for him. This was his 5th birthday so we wanted to make all of his dreams come true, which included having a bouncy house, of course! Everything I do is on a tight budget, which forces me to be even more creative. Another special detail of his birthday was making it as healthy as possible. Kids birthday parties can be so tough because of the amount of junk that they consume.  And I honestly think they wouldn't miss the sugar if it wasn't there to begin with. So, for this lunchtime party we served a veggie taco and burrito bar.

I bought all of the food from Trader Joes. We made homemade black beans and 1 full bag of sprouted organic california rice (highly recommend!). The rest of the menu consisted of:
Organic Wheat and Corn Tortillas
Taco Shells
Organic Tortilla Chips
Organic Tomatillo and Roasted Chili Salsa
Organic Sour Cream
Shredded Mexican Cheese
Canned Refried Beans
Organic Romaine, Spinach, Kale, Tomato, Cucumber Salad
Organic Carrots and Hummus
Watermelon and Cantaloupe

Drinks:
Sparkling Water
Ice Water
And a few juices for the kids (They actually didn't drink many of them!)

And Snacks:
Homemade Organic Popcorn (made on the stove in a pan)
Pirates Booty Bags
Goldfish Bags
  



And for dessert:
Homemade Organic Simple Yellow Cupcakes from Martha Stewart, I made them with all organic ingredients.  (I added red sprinkles in the batter to make them "funfetti" like.)  And then i make her fluffy vanilla frosting with organic butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla (But I don't put in all of the sugar). For guests that wanted ice cream I bought a few small pints of Humbolt Organic Vanilla and Mint N Chip Ice Creams.


And here is the simple frosting I used, adapted to my taste: https://www.marthastewart.com/341903/fluffy-vanilla-frosting


I used free printables for a lot of my decorations. Just cut, paste, print and then cut out with scissors.

 Mac was not hard to make and not expensive--No more then $5.
 My son loves to sketch and color. So I decided to make the favors reflect his interests and hopefully the parents appreciated a favor they wouldn't throw in the trash! Just a simple notebook and colored pencils. Colored pencils were $0.50 each. Notebooks were $0.28 each. And I tied on an organic Trader Joes lollipop as a little treat to take home.
 Race Car Flags Made out of scrap materials. I couldn't find checkered material so I used a sharpie and made my own.  I tied the flags to a rope for more of a pool party look.
 I reused a few of my decorations from my previous parties (red and white felt circle garland), and just a couple of other things. We had such a fun time at this party. I couldn't have done it without help from my mom, mother-in-law, and especially my sister helping me in the kitchen, food prepping and cleaning up! And my sister is a Nutritionist and gave me a few ideas for my taco and burrito bar! Check her out and Eat Clean with Sarah! https://www.eatcleanwithsarah.com  She is also on Instagram and gives lots of recipe ideas that will inspire you.

A few of my other favorite party details:

I love Paperless Posts for free party invites. Their website is easy to use and I love their invites.  https://www.paperlesspost.com

I researched many bouncy house companies, and chose Cindy's Jumpers for our bouncy house. I have used them a few times, and they are a little more then other places but i have always had a great experience.
https://cindysjumpers.com

For simple party supplies, always check your local dollar tree or dollar store first. I can't tell you how many times I have visited party stores and walked away empty handed. You can't beat $1 for party supplies.

For party music I borrowed some Cars 1 and 2 soundtracks from our local library. And for the Cars 3 music I just bought a few from iTunes.

And if you are feeling frustrated because you are on a tight budget, be thankful. Its going to force you to be more creative and your party will have a more personal feel.

All of the kids including my sweet birthday boy had such a fun time at our party!  So many wonderful memories were made! And I felt great from the food we ate as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment