Thursday, February 1, 2018

Homemade Valentine's Day

I love showing the special people in my life that I love them.  I'm always looking for the next opportunity to celebrate them! So of course, I love surprising them on Valentine's Day! Every year looks a little different. Making homemade decorations means so much more then buying them at the store. I find that we all truly value them and the love they hold. Last year instead of buying sweets at the store, I made home made treats.

You can't beat a fresh plate of homemade chocolate chip cookies (using your favorite recipe)! Everyone was so excited. I don't bake often, so when I do, it really is special.





I still have all of my homemade crafts from many years ago. (My wax paper hearts, hung on ribbons, pink yard heart wreath) Last year I bought a pom pom maker, and made a new garland that goes with all of my other decorations. I was able to use up some left over yarn with this!


This heart shaped wreath above I made several years ago!  I had some wire that I shapped into a heart, then took red burlap and cut it into short strips. Next I tied them all to the heart shaped wire, and then hung it up with twine.  I love that it is an imperfect heart shape as it is hanging up.


New for this year are these little heart felt holders. I thought I could put their silverware and paper towels in them for our Valentines breakfast, or they would be cute with crayons or pencils in them! So easy, I just used embroidery thread to attach the heart to the felt, and closed the back with the embroidery thread as well. The perfect addition!

May everyone have a wonderful Valentine's season full of love, shown in action and in truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment